Monday, July 13, 2009

MRI'D

So I finally got an MRI last week. After all these months (almost a year actually) of trial and pretty much all error, hopefully I'll actually be able to literally get a picture of what's going on with my knee.

The visit with Dr.. Mandelbaum went much as expected. A mountain of paperwork, waiting followed by a quick series of questions from his assistant, followed by an extremely quick round of questions and examination by the doc himself. I didn't anticipate anything more than that. As the doc said, It's kind of pointless to speculate until we get an MRI.

Luckily I was able to come back the same evening for the MRI. They told me I could bring an iPod and they could play it through the speakers while get scanned. So I went home and made an MRI playlist with some classical / country / post-rock favorites. I sat there for about a half hour while the machine made a lot of weird clicking and whirring noises to go along with my self-made soundtrack.

I go back to see Dr. Mandelbaum on Tuesday and hopefully we'll have some results that will actually point me towards finally healing. This is going to be such a long week. Once again, I'm desperately wishing I had a Fast Forward button for life. If the MRI shows us nothing, I will be beyond dissapointed. That will mean that I'm in the exact same place I've always been. Guessing. More physical therapy. More mixed and inconclusive results. No thanks, I'll pass.

No comments: