Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Road To Recovery: Mile 2 or "..quick like a band-aid."

Monday marked the 2 week mile marker. That means that yesterday I got to remove the weird plastic strip and bandages that were covering my incisions. I was kind of thinking it would hurt a little, so I was asking Tamara if she should do it quick like a band aid. Well, it turns out that it didn't really matter because it didn't hurt at all. Now that it's gone, my knee feels slightly less weird, and I have a better idea of how it looks visually. It's still pretty sowllen, but it does seem to slowly get better over time. Other than that, there are just two tiny marks where the incisions were made for the arthroscopy.

My range of motion is still not great. I can't bend it more than a bout 90 degrees. There's still some pain, but lately nothing too bad. I'm up to 20 minutes on the bike trainer and I've been driving to work every day this week so far.

The hardest time is the mornings. My knee always starts out stiff, my hands and arms are sore from the crutches and I just want to lay in bed all day. I'm starting to hate the crutches a lot. But I've still got another month on them, so I'd better just deal with it.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Hey James,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope all is well.

Take care,

Zach

Jimmy OT said...

Hey Zach,

Well I'm still sore and stiff like you. My range of motion has increased slightly since my last post, so that's a good sign. Swelling is less too, although it seems like it's stayed kind of the same for last few days.

I'm up to 40 minutes on the stationary bike too, and continuing my exercises. It sounds like you're doing well. That's good to hear.

Take Care,

James O.