Friday, August 21, 2009

Road To Recovery: Mile 3-4

Things have stayed pretty much the same for the last week or so. Improvement continues to come v e r y slowly. Not only that, but it fluctuates as well. Meaning that I continue to have mentally and physically discouraging days, followed by the occasional day when I actually feel "better." The beginning of week 4 had me feeling pretty discouraged. No real improvement that I could feel. The last 2 days have been better, with some slight increase in my range of motion, and a tiny bit less overall pain and stiffness. I'm up to about 40 minutes on the indoor bike trainer. I might start to break the sessions up so I'm not on it for such long increments. Not only is it boring, but it's painful. Not to my knee, mind you. Let's just say that certain other parts of my anatomy suffer after sitting on a hard racing saddle for 40 minutes without being able to stand up on the pedals at all. I even started rockin the chamois pants to help out with that.

So still a long way to go, but feeling somewhat OK going in to this weekend. Coming up on 2 weeks until crutch liberation day!

1 comment:

andres said...

40 minutes on the trainer is horrible no matter how healthy you are. I've been known to wear 2 pairs of shorts at once...

glad you're doing better overall, though.

miss you kids