Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'll Show You Mine...

I was already familiar with Gmaps Pedometer, which is a pretty slick little hack using Google Maps to plot routes for activities. But after playing around with the most recent incarnation of Google Maps, I was able to do what I've been wanting to for a while now: Plot multiple routes on the same page! 

I still haven't seen a map app (ok that's just fun to say) that's dedicated to bicycling, but this seems to be the best way for me to look at my most commonly used routes all at once without confusion. I've only added my main commuting stand-by routes so far, but I'm going to keep adding more as much as possible until the tentacles spread all over the city. Muuuuuhuuuhhhahah!!!!

Here's a link to what I've done so far. The Usual Routes

It's not the most intuitive app to figure out at first, but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy to draw routes, change their color and opacity and lay them across the grid. Pretty sweet!

Go to the "My Maps" tab to start routin'!!

No comments: