Monday, March 31, 2008

"Um...My Hands Are Glowing. Is That Normal?"


A lot to talk about this week including: Dutch and Army Bikes, the impending arrival of the Flying Pigeon, shants vs. pants and my undying love for the milk crate.

For now though...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the
Glo-Glove!!

I don't own a pair of these (yet), but they are most definitely on my never ending list of "bike stuff I MUST have as soon as I can scrape more of those damn nickels together." I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be for everyday riding but at the very least, they would be good for a night ride in high traffic.

According to the specs, they're visible up to 1 mile with a "search light" (I'm guessing we can substitute headlights here) AND up to 4 miles with Night Vision Goggles!!! Finally!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've wished those people driving with their stupid night vision goggles on could see me when I indicate a vehicular left turn in front of them! Now, thanks to Blumenthal Uniform Company Inc., THEY CAN!!!

Because this clearly a law enforcement / civil service type website, there is no mention whatsoever of these possibly being of use to a cyclist. But the upside is, while you visit the site you can browse for your favorite brands of body armor, drug tests, handcuffs & restraints and defense spray!!

No comments: