Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girl On The Loose

My "live-in lover" rode her bike to work for the first time today! That old Raleigh we picked up turned out to be a pretty sweet ride. I must say I'm somewhat conflicted though. While I'm thrilled that she may have a new transportation option for her commute, being a daily bicycle commuter myself, I know the pitfalls. Ultimately, it's not as scary for cyclists out there as the media seems to want to portray it, but nonetheless, she's my girlfriend + I'm a worrier = me nervous.

Here's a shot of "The Land Yacht" parked on the streets of West Hollywood where she works.



I'm usually not a big fan of chain / cord locks, but she works about 10 yards away from this spot and can see the bike through a giant window of the schmancy hair salon where she works the whole time. No need to break out the Kryptonite here.

No comments: