Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Re-Focus

So it's been about 6 months since my last post. The original point of my blog was to chronicle my cycling adventures. Obviously that hit a severe roadblock after my knee injury. It's been a long and extremely frustrating path since then. My father passed away, my favorite activity vanished and I had to constantly deal with pain, even in every day activities. I've been to a chiropractor, an acupuncturist, an orthopedic doctor and a physical therapist. With all of that treatment, you'd think I would have made tremendous progress. I figured I would have been back on the bike months ago and out there mashing with rest of em.' Unfortunately that hasn't been the case at all and in fact, I have little to show in terms of progress in recovery. 

I've also spent countless hours scouring the net for any leads on a cure for this ailment. As is the case with virtually every other subject (especially the medical variety), there is such a wide range of opinions on the subject of knee injuries, that it can be at the very least, an extremely daunting endeavor. To add to that, the knee in particular seems to be an especially elusive body part to understand. With all of the progress I seem to hear about being made in the medical world, I am constantly surprised by how little is known about the causes and proper treatments of knee injuries.

While this blog has been mostly for me to document my cycling related experiences for myself, I'm hoping that as I re-focus my attention on knee injuries, that hopefully some of the information I document will be of use to others who are looking for answers.

And unfortunately, even with all of the information I've accumulated, I'm still not very far along in terms of recovery. I still can't really ride my bike without pain, and often have pain even from the most mundane activities. That being said, lately I've been closing in on some possible new treatments, and once again I'll push on ahead and hope that they work.

No comments: